*Update 7/23 – we’ve extended the deadline for entries to the end of the summer (11:59pm EST on August 31, 2013).
Ding Dong DOMA’s Dead! We’re obviously super huge fans of love & marriage, so we were so thrilled with the SCOTUS for their ruling DOMA unconstitutional & the decision overturning Prop 8 in CA. Love is love, and marriage is a personal choice, not a political one!
In order to celebrate, we’re excited to give away a month-of coordination package to one lucky LGBTQ couple. Read on for the what/how/when!
WHAT YOU CAN WIN:
Month of Coordination Services
- Custom to-do list with delegation and due dates
- Unlimited email/phone support and 2 hours of in person meetings starting 6 weeks prior to the event
- Advice on etiquette and protocol
- Guidance on resources for vows, music selections, and obtaining a marriage license
- Provide advice and suggestions on programs, menu cards, place cards and favors
- Creation of individual, custom wedding day time lines (for couple, wedding party, parents, & vendors)
- Comprehensive final meeting to review details, timelines and vendor contracts
- (4-6 weeks in advance of the event)
- Venue walk-through to get a feel for your vision of the event
- Meetings/calls with vendors to finalize details & ensure that all vendors are confirmed, scheduled, and aware of the full scope of their duties
- Serve as sole contact for vendors starting one month prior to the event
- Distribute client approved timeline to all vendors one week before the event
- Attend & coordinate wedding rehearsal.
10 hours of onsite coordination & management of wedding day, with access to Something Blue Bag emergency kit.
- Ensure that getting ready happens on schedule
- Receiving deliveries
- Supervising vendors
- Managing set-up and styling
- Ensure proper placement of furniture rentals, programs, escort cards, favors, menus, guestbook, card holder, etc.
- Inspection and confirmation of venue layout and set-up
- Serving as point person for all vendor problems or questions
Go Get Hitched!
- Coordinating wedding party transportation to ceremony site
- Overseeing ushers/attendants
- Managing wedding party processional, cueing musicians,
- Assisting guests as needed
- Facilitating photo sessions
It’s Party Time!
- Coordinating introductions and key moments (i.e. parent dances, toasts, etc.)
- Assist MC with reception flow
- Facilitating transportation as needed
- Managing time to ensure that the event is running close to schedule
- Ensuring that vendors are compliant with contracted services
- Assisting guests as needed
- Handling any emergency situations that may arise
- Distributing final payments/gratuities
- Bringing gifts to secure location, etc.
- Ensure that all of your personal items are ready to go when you are (i.e. cake knife, guest book, gifts, etc.)
- Checking the venue for items that guests left behind
- Overseeing breakdown of space/return of rentals
HOW TO ENTER:
Send an email to hello (at) lvrevents.com with the subject – Love=Love
Share a photo of you and your future wife/husband
Tell us your love story (how you met, how you got engaged, whatever!)
Tell us a little bit about your wedding – when/where/etc.
THE BORING BUT NECESSARY RULES:
1. Giveaway is open to same sex couples aged 18 and over
2. Weddings must occur between September 2013-April 2014 and subject to availability.
3. Winners must sign a contract plus an addendum regarding contest rules and prize winnings.
4. Winning couples agree to allow LVR Events to feature their wedding in our portfolio (including on our website, blog, Facebook, and other marketing materials). We never share our clients’ personal details, and we always request permission to post photos/details.
5. Weddings must be in within 60 miles of NYC (10022).
(We’re willing to make an exception to this rule – however please be advised that weddings beyond our 60 mile radius will incur travel fees. We’re very reasonable with our travel fees & there are even a bunch of places we won’t charge lodging – you can review them HERE).
6. Prize is not transferrable, nor is it redeemable for cash or other services.
(The winner will receive the month-of coordination package as outlined above. If the winning couple would like to book additional planning services, we will be happy to do so at a discounted rate. If the winning couple chooses not to accept month-of-coordination, we will select a new couple).
7. One entry per couple please! You will receive a confirmation email when we receive your entry.
8. Failure to comply with the entry rules will result in disqualification at the discretion of LVR Events.
ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59pm EST on August 31, 2013.
We’re seriously so excited for this giveaway! Also, since we’re so ridiculously giddy about the idea of marriage for everyone, anyone who books planning and/or coordination with us by August 31, 2013 will receive a 10% Love=Love discount! Just make sure to mention it when you inquire!
CHEERS + EQUALITY!